The Secretary for Food and Health had established the Steering Committee on Electronic Health Record (eHR) Sharing in July 2007 comprising healthcare professionals from both the public and private sectors to take forward and steer the development of the eHR programme.
Terms of referenceExpand
The terms of reference of the steering committee are:
- To formulate strategies to facilitate the further development of eHR infrastructure and sharing of patients' records in both the public and private sectors.
- To review as appropriate the institutional framework and structure that support and sustain the governance, management, operation and maintenance of the eHR sharing infrastructure.
- To advise on various legal and privacy and other issues relating to the implementation and development of eHR sharing infrastructure.
- To advise on technical issues relating to the eHR sharing infrastructure, including definitions, data security, data structures, data quality, standards and protocols of health record and information, and any other relevant technical and security issues.
- To advise on strategies to promote the concepts of eHR, eHR technology, and patient record sharing among healthcare providers and the public.
- To advise on any other issues that are relevant to the further development and the operation and maintenance of the eHR sharing infrastructure.
- Permanent Secretary for Food and Health (Health)
- Mr CHAN Wai-kwok, Kenneth
- Dr CHAN Wai-ling, Flora
- Prof CHAN Wing-kwong
- Dr CHOW Yat
- Dr HO Pak-leung, JP
- Dr HO Shiu-wei, William, JP
- Mr LEE Wai-kwong, Sunny, JP
- Mr LEUNG Kin-man, Michael, MH
- Dr LEUNG Kin-ping
- Dr LI Tak-lai, Theresa
- Dr LUO Hao
- Dr MAK Siu-king
- Mr MUI Cheuk-nang, Kenny
- Mr POON Yan-wing, Lawrence
- Prof WONG Chi-sang, Martin
- Dr WONG Chun-por, JP
- Ms WONG Kam-fung
- Prof YAP Keng-hung, Maurice, JP
and representatives of:
- Food and Health Bureau
- Department of Health
- Office of the Government Chief Information Officer
Enquiry: Electronic Health Record Office, Food and Health Bureau
eHR Programme Steering Committee is responsible for providing steer for the eHR Office, setting policies, strategies, targets and deliverables, and approving plans and budgets for implementing the eHR programme. The membership of the eHR Programme Steering Committee includes representatives of Food and Health Bureau, Department of Health, Hospital Authority, Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, Efficiency Office and other relevant Bureaux / Departments.