The Electronic Health Record (eHR) Office is to-
- Spearhead and coordinate the overall eHR programme;
- Conduct consultation with stakeholders and the public, oversee policy matters and legal issues related to eHR;
- Invite proposals from the private healthcare and IT sectors for development of electronic medical / patient record and interfacing with the eHR Sharing System;
- Develop common technical standards and operational protocols related to eHR sharing;
- Operate and manage the eHR Sharing System; and
- Administer the participation and registration of patients and healthcare providers in the eHR Sharing System.