No more ransom
Ransomware is a special type of malware where hackers will lock the files stored on the infected computer. These locked files are like hostage and the victims are required to pay a ransom to unlock them. Ransomware continues to be a common cyber threat affecting all computer users.
- Perform regular backups of data in computers (including patients' medical data and business data) and keep the backup copies disconnected from the computer.
- Apply the latest software patches.
- Check and keep anti-malware software and its signatures up-to-date.
- Do not open suspicious emails, attachments and hyperlinks.
- Do not visit suspicious websites or download any files from them.
- Schedule regular scans to detect and guard against malware attacks.
- Install software from trusted sources. Be cautious of software that required suspicious permissions and rights.