Protect electronic health record (eHR)
To help you protect your patients' information and eHRs when using computers connected to the Electronic Health Record Sharing System (eHealth) via the Internet, remember the following cyber security tips.
- Use genuine software and apply the latest security patches.
- Install anti-malware software and regularly update the software and its signatures.
- Do not open any suspicious emails, attachments and hyperlinks.
- Change password regularly and use a password that is difficult to guess. For example, use strong passwords with at least 8 characters including upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters.
- Backup up data regularly and protect the backup data securely.
- Enable firewall protection, if any, for the computers or network equipment.
- Have you regularly applied patches to your computer systems and keep them up-to-date?
- Have you scanned your computers with anti-malware software regularly?
- Have you backed up your data?
- Have you provided resources for your staff to learn information security? (external resources like Cyber Security Information Portal)