Immunise your computer asset
Malicious software (malware) is commonly used by hackers to steal sensitive information, hijack or interrupt your systems without your permission. Common types of malware include computer virus, worm, Trojan horse and spyware.
Malware will cause different levels of security risks. Potential damage could be:
- stealing, modifying, destroying or locking data
- gaining unauthorised access
- disrupting or disabling computer systems and networks
- Install anti-malware software and regularly update the software and its signatures.
- Schedule regular scans to check for malware.
- Apply the latest security patches for operating systems and software.
- Backup important data frequently and keep the backup data disconnected from the computer.
- Do not open suspicious emails, attachments and hyperlinks.
- Do not visit suspicious websites or download any files from them.
- Disable macros for office applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) by default.