Take care of your gadgets
Mobile devices bring great convenience to our daily life but also increase the risks of data leakage. A stolen or lost mobile device / portable storage (for example, smartphone, USB flash drive or notebook computer) with unprotected storage may cause data leakage.
- Keep the devices with you at all times or store them securely.
- Enable encryption option on mobile devices and backup software, if available.
- Download and install mobile apps from trusted sources only and keep the mobile apps up-to-date.
- Consider setting up remote wipe feature to allow removing all data from the devices if lost.
- Securely erase all data and settings before decommissioning the devices.
- Do not allow wireless connections from unknown or un-trusted sources to connect to your devices.
- Lock the devices with password / bio-metrics authentication and enable auto-lock with proper idle time.