Upon successful creation of an Electronic Health Record Sharing System (eHealth) account under the registered healthcare provider, user will receive two 8-digit default passwords through his / her selected communication means (SMS / email). For account security protection, user should set new strong passwords to replace the default ones immediately after first time log-in, and change them regularly.
Password format requirement
- Length of password must be between 8 - 18 characters
- Cannot be the same as any of last 6 passwords used
- Contain at least 3 of the following 4 character groups:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lower case characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic character (excluding ^,()=&"><|)
- Alphanumeric (i.e. letter (A-Z, a-z) and / or number (0-9) format)
- Length of password must be between 8 - 20 characters
- Must not contain user's surname or given names
- Must not contain the word "password"
- Must not contain user name and first password
- Must not contain 3 or more repetitive characters (e.g. aaaaa, 888)
User who has forgotten his / her passwords may reset it via the Interactive Voice Response System of the Electronic Health Record (eHR) Registration Office - 24-hour healthcare staff hotline at 3467 6230:
- after language selection, press "2" for eHR account management;
- input the Hong Kong identity card number for identity authentication; and
- press "1" to reset first password or press "2" to reset second password.