Five guiding principles of eHR Sharing System
- Electronic health record (eHR) development should be government-led and should leverage the Hospital Authority's systems and know-how.
- Data privacy and system security of the eHR Sharing System should be accorded paramount importance and given legal protection.
- Participation in eHR sharing should be compelling but not compulsory for both patients and healthcare providers.
- The eHR Sharing System should be based on open, pre-defined and common technical standards and operational protocols.
- Development of eHR Sharing System should be based on a building block approach, involving partnership with the private sector.