Give sharing consent
Two options of sharing consent
Consent will remain valid until revoked or updated by the patient, or the patient's registration is withdrawn or cancelled
Consent will expire after one year or lapse if revoked or updated by the patient, or the patient's registration is withdrawn or cancelled
Update sharing consent
- Before expiry of your "one-year sharing consent" given to a HCP (except HA and DH)*, you can renew the sharing consent by one year or change it to "indefinite sharing consent".
- You can change your "indefinite sharing consent" given to a HCP (except HA and DH)* to a "one-year sharing consent".
Revoke sharing consent
You can revoke your sharing consent given to a participating HCP (except HA and DH)* at anytime. Upon revocation:
- That HCP will no longer be allowed to access your records in the Electronic Health Record Sharing System (eHealth) or upload your new records to eHealth.
- Previously uploaded health records will be retained and available for access by other HCP with your sharing consent.
How to give, update or revoke sharing consentExpand
1. Via online patient registration
- You can give sharing consent to up to three participating HCP (except HA and DH)* when registering with eHealth online.
2. 醫健通eHealth App
- You can view and manage your sharing consent to one or multiple eHealth participating HCPs (except HA and DH)* via the 醫健通eHealth App.
3. By 24-hour patient hotline 3467 6300
- You can give sharing consent to one or multiple participating HCP (except HA and DH)*, or update or revoke your sharing consent given to a HCP, via the 24-hour Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) of the eHealth patient hotline at 3467 6300.
- This method is also applicable to person registered by the following types of substitute decision maker (SDM):
- Family member
- A person residing with him/her
- HCP number is required for this method. To search for HCP number, please click here.
4. In person
- You can give sharing consent to a participating HCP (except HA and DH)*, or update or revoke your sharing consent given to a HCP, when you receive healthcare at that HCP.
- You can also give sharing consent to one or multiple participating HCP (except HA and DA) at any registration centres in HA or DH, or at the Electronic Health Record Registration Office (eHR RO).
- What to bring
Please bring your Hong Kong identity card. If you do not hold a Hong Kong identity card, please bring along one of the following listed in the link below.
- Identity document
- If you are managing sharing consent for another person as a SDM, identity documents of both the person and yourself are required.If you are the person's guardian, person appointed by the court to manage his/ her affairs, Director of Social Welfare or any other person as guardian under Mental Health Ordinance (Chapter 136), or prescribed HCP who provides or is about to provide healthcare to him/ her, please also bring relationship proof.
5. By phone
- With the access key, when you call a participating HCP to make an appointment after identity authentication, you can give your sharing consent to that HCP at the same time to authorise your doctor to access your electronic health record for pre-consultation preparation.
6. In writing
- You can manage your sharing consent to one or multiple eHealth
participating HCPs by completing and submitting the sharing consent form to the eHR RO by one of the following channels:
- fax (3467 6099)
- post (Address: Unit 1193, 11/F, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre, 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong)
- drop-in box (Address as above)
- Notification will be issued to you via your selected communication means (SMS/ email / postal mail) to confirm successful giving, updating or revocation of sharing consent.
- You will also receive notification when your electronic health record is being accessed.
- You can choose not to receive access notification.